Overview of the role:
In April 2020, Capgemini merged with Altran, created a world-leader in “intelligent industry”. This means IRM is now part of the Capgemini Group, enabling us to offer our clients an even wider range of products, services and skills.
This role offers a wider variety of work than the vast majority of consultancies in the UK. This has allowed us to build a skills matrix and start to tailor progression and training to match your career ambitions.
Each member of the Technical team will bring their own unique experiences and views and we positively encourage collaboration when needed. On larger engagements, we may assign multiple consultants. As part of the technical team, you are not one of a thousand consultants. Each member of team has the opportunity to shine and experience some truly weird, wonderful and unique projects.
Why this role?
The role is working within IRM’s Technical team and will operate both independently (on small engagements) and as part of a team on more complex larger jobs. The role will included a mixture of web, infrastructure, physical and red team testing. Our testers just test, you won’t be asked to perform PCI work or Cyber Essentials!
- Work as a professional, deliverable Technical Consultant (Penetration Tester CTM), offering IRM’s clients a totally professional customer service experience, whilst adhering to IRM’s core values and company policies and procedures
- Conduct the full range of effective and comprehensive technical assessments and consultancy services to the highest standards, including IRM core technical services
- Maintain an accurate and up to date knowledge of information security issues, keeping abreast of new technologies, methodologies, techniques, vulnerabilities and market trends and communicate this throughout the team
- Produce concise and accurate technical reports and executive summaries, in line with client and company expectations in accordance with the QA manual and within defined deadlines
- Participate in more specialist areas of technical assessments and consultancy services where required
- Participate in delivery of security management consultancy including health checks, risk assessments and compliance and standards based audits, where required
- Engage with and fully participate in research & service development projects
- Ensure professional, coherent and relevant communication within IRM and our clients at an appropriate level, using relevant language and at all times, behave in a manner that reflects the values of IRM. Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with defined IRM policies and procedures
- Complete all tasks in a manner that displays a commercial awareness; i.e. managing client expectations and ensuring that project tasks are completed on time and on budget
- Where necessary assist the commercial team in the preparation of test scopes and proposals
- Complete administrative duties, which include weekly timesheet and expense submissions
- Through the course of your duties, identify opportunities for further business development and growth and ensure that this is communicated to your line manager, the PMO and Sales department
- Carry out any other additional, reasonable and alternative tasks that may be required from time to time
Required skills, experience and personal attributes
- Previous experience (2-3 years) in an IT security role to CTM level is essential and have, or be able to attain SC clearance
- Demonstrates an excellent knowledge of penetration testing skills at infrastructure and application layers and keeps knowledge up to date
- Good knowledge of multiple OS including Windows & *NIX
- Ability to configure network devices, firewalls, IDS/IPS devices and wireless technologies
- Ability to write and produce quality reports with IRM’s in-house developed report writing tool
- Good understanding of common security standards and regulatory compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work effectively and positively within a team and willing to collaborate and readily share knowledge and skills
- Great organisation skills and ability to work in a pressurised environment whilst working towards and achieving deadlines
Relevant degree/postgraduate degree